Below is a list of great websites and video tutorials that explain the math standards, and skills your child are being taught (K-5):
- http://www.cgcs.org/Page/244 – The Council of the Great City Schools’ parent roadmaps in mathematics provide guidance to parents about what their children will be learning and how they can support that learning in grades K-8. These parent roadmaps for each grade level also provide three-year snapshots showing how selected standards progress from year to year so that students will be college and career ready upon their graduation from high school.
- https://www-k6.thinkcentral.com – ThinkCentral is an online portal that gives you access to Math Expressions. Math Expressions is the math series our district has chosen for mathematics instruction. Click the hyperlink to view instructions on how to access ThinkCentral from home. ThinkCentral
- https://www.khanacademy.org/math – Khan Academy has great video tutorials that explain math skills.
- Discovery Education – Videos and tutorials explain basic operations and help with the mastery of math skills in addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- https://medium.com/i-math- A blog that offers various math tutorials
Below are some great websites students can access to practice and enhance their math skills: